23 January 2012

Steve Fontana for State Senate [Updated w/ Photo]

STEVE FONTANA ANNOUNCES RUN FOR STATE SENATE

Steve Fontana announced today that he will seek the Democratic nomination for State Senator for the 34th District, which encompasses all or part of the towns of Wallingford, East Haven, North Haven, and Durham.

Steve Fontana photo by Sarah Aziz
“I’m running for State Senator from the 34th District because I’ve spent my career putting the needs of hardworking families and seniors first, and I will make rebuilding the middle class my one and only priority,” Fontana said.

“Throughout my career in public service at the state and local levels, I’ve demonstrated not only the courage to stand up for what’s right, but also a proven record of fighting for middle class families and seniors and getting results for them.

[...]

Fontana served as North Haven’s State Representative in the General Assembly from 1997 to2011. During that time, he served as chairman of the Energy & Technology Committee for four years, and as the chairman of the Insurance & Real Estate Committee for two years. He also is a former member of North Haven’s Conservation Commission, Board of Finance, and Board of Selectmen. He has a B.A. from Oberlin College, an M.B.A. from Cornell University, and a J.D. from the University of Connecticut.

CONTACT STEVE FONTANA (203) 234-2240

Disclosure: I am assisting the campaign as Deputy Treasurer.

No comments: