23 January 2012

Year of the Dragon

Cable TeeVee is a-flame with doomsday predictions for 2012 but I found this nicely reassuring tidbit:



In China, there is no doomsday prediction for 2012 besides Hollywood movies. On the contrary, China has one prophecy regarding to 2012 from Ching 清 Dynasty. It said that a wise man will appear to make the world prosperous and peaceful in the year of Black Dragon.

2012 is a Black Water Dragon year, which generally, I believe, means floods and money, if I am remembering my Feng Shui etc. properly. Terence McKenna would of course disagree.

I recommend you eat delicious Chinese food* and enjoy your life.

*China Pavilion in Orange CT on the Post Road - Salt & Pepper Shrimp, Steamed Whole Fish with slivered ginger and scallions, fresh chinese greens with garlic. For a Lychee Martini and a mixed bag of Chinese food, Hibachi, and/or very fresh sushi ( Guacamole Roll! ) go to 9 East in Branford.

No comments: